PQS Quality Corner Show
Treatment and Access for Opioid Use Disorder
May 04, 2021
In our final episode wrapping up our April discussion on Opioid Use Disorder, PQS Senior Manager of Pharmacy Accounts, Nick Dorich, PharmD talks to Daniel Ventricelli, PharmD, MPH, Assistant Professor of Clinical Pharmacy at the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, University of the Sciences and Casey Walker, PharmD, RPh, PGY-1 Behavioral Health Pharmacy Resident at the University of the Sciences about treatment and access for opioid use disorder.
Resources and Notes:
- APhA’s opioid resource center https://aphanet.pharmacist.com/opioid-use-and-misuse-resource-center
- Recovery Research Institute: https://www.recoveryanswers.org/addiction-ary/
- Prescribe to Prevent: https://prescribetoprevent.org/
- Recent paper leveraging pharmacists to expand buprenorphine access amit Covid-19 pandemic
- Peckham AM, Ball J, Colvard MD, Dadiomov D, Hill LG, Nichols SD, Tallian K, Ventricelli DJ, Tran TH. Leveraging pharmacists to maintain and extend buprenorphine supply for opioid use disorder amid COVID-19 pandemic. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2021 Jan 7:zxab003. doi: 10.1093/ajhp/zxab003. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 33411894.
- Paper on policy related changes
Corey S Davis1, Derek H Carr 2
- Davis CS, Carr DH. Legal and policy changes urgently needed to increase access to opioid agonist therapy in the United States. Int J Drug Policy. 2019;73:42-48. doi:10.1016/j.drugpo.2019.07.006